Friday, April 2, 2010

I Believe the Word is “Hooky”

I’m going to let you folk in on something: I’m absolutely useless this time of year.

Every spring, as soon as the weather starts to change and the temperature begins to rise, I get hit with the irresistible urge to climb a mountain, hike through the woods, or take a canoe down a river. In short, anything other than sit indoors in front of the computer. As such, this blog is going to suffer a bit while I’m enjoying the rites of spring.

To compound matters, it seems that flowers aren’t the only things springing up around me these days. Writing projects and other creative opportunities are also arriving in droves and I’m busy trying to build a schedule for 2010 that won’t kill me or turn me all grumpy. I’ve even had to pencil in a few things for 2011. That’s a good thing, though, as I like knowing I have work lined up.

Right now, I’m waiting to hear back from a few people on one particular brainstorm that I recently had. If the answers come back the way I’m hoping they will, you may see something new going on around here (or close to here) in the near future. Let’s leave it at that for now.

I have some posts planned, but they’re going to have to wait a week or so while I shake off the cobwebs of winter and adequately immerse myself in spring enough to tolerate spending time in front of the computer again. I ask your patience while I thoroughly indulge myself in the fresh air, sunlight, and warming days.

3 comments:

David The Archmage said...

Enjoy the sun!

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of the Dungeon Alphabet to arrive in the mail.

Chris said...

Lurking in the nerdcave blogging is (at least in my mind) a 'long cold nights of winter' activity.

Paying work and taking time to smell the roses (rightly) have priority over posting messages to the ghost people of the electroweb.

JB said...

This was me...all March long (we had a string of good weather in Seattle)...